Monday, June 17, 2013

Celine Dephare & Nick Cartone - not part of the Great Plan

Here´s some unboxing moments.
First - let me introduce ya´ll to something quite unique:


Celine Dephare is the only Diecast from both Cars and Cars 2 who has the eyes NOT in the front windshield, instead she has the eyeballs in her headlights.

Are you lookin´ at me? Are you looking at ME?! What!?!?

According to... sources on the internet... the director John Lasseter was inspired by Susie the Little Blue Coupe - a cartoon movie that put the eyes on the windshield.
And it is understandable. The cars are supposed to be alive. No driver. So when Mater meet Celine you can understand why he´s so afraid.
There´s a big pieace of nothing where the... brain... should be:

But it is a very cool diecast!

The other car I recently bought is this one:


Nick Cartone is a reporter, you could see him in the scene where McQueen has to explain why he let Fransesco overtake him so easily in the first race.
Being a radio reporter myself, of cours I like this car. But is it to much to ask to hve a somewhat cooler car as a reporter? I mean... a Honda Civic? Come on!

And it is a bit complicated whenever a car has to hold on to something. The use of a "hand" ruins the "aliveness" of the car.


Not a neat sollution to the "hand-problem". I don´t know how they should have done it, maybe it doesn´t have a better way of doing it, but... well you see my point, don´t you?

Far more alerting is the fact that neither of these cars should have been bought at all. Not by me.

I have some rules, some specific goals for my collection. Very early on I decided NOT to collect ´em all. There is simply to many cars!
So I started to collect the main characters in Radiator Springs. (Mater, McQueen, Sally, Doc...)
And then all the Race Cars from the first movie. And then the Team Chiefs... and the pittys.

When the second movie came along, I instantly went for the new Race Cars and their Team Chiefs.
And that was it. No more!

And I haven´t completed those goals yet. I got the Race Cars from both the movies. And the Team Chiefs from the first. And almost all the pittys. (I only miss NO STALL PITTY!)

But now I finding myself buying almost every new car I come across in the toy stores. (Yes I walk the lines of toy stores all by myself. I walk the line... humm dumm di dumm I walk the line)

It seems like I try to buy all the 50 cars released as Singles from Cars. How could that ever be possible? I have specifically told myself NOT to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment